Dating is an American as hot dogs, baseball, and apple pie. From early adolescence the media, peers, and even parents teach romantic relationships are not only normal, but expected. Unfortunately these expectations lead to great anticipation with little direction, causing students to struggle physically and emotionally in their dating relationships.
Students and parents are looking for direction, and now YOU have the opportunity provide the answers to their questions!
Songology looks at the life of Solomon through the Old Testament book, Song of Solomon. This study allows students and parents to understand Solomon’s Vintage Wisdom on friendships, dating, and sex – thus the name Songology, the study (ology) of Song of Solomon (Song).
We’ll answer questions students and have parents have like:
- What kind of person should you date?
- How do you know when you are ready to start dating?
- What’s the difference between dates and dating?
- How do keep from going too far?
- How can you enjoy relationships with the opposite sex without all the headaches?
The weekend is designed with four major components:
- Exegetical Biblical Teaching – Life changing power is found only in the Word. Creativity and application will definitely be used and given, but the primary emphasis in on God’s Word. It’s amazing to watch Scripture come alive and the relevance to relationships in the 21st Century is embraced.
- Small Group Material – Students tend to validate Scripture through their own experience rather than allow Scripture to validate their experiences. The small group material allows the leaders to facilitate discussion, clarify questions, and stay focused on the vintage wisdom found in Scripture.
- Leader Training – All small group leaders will receive in-depth training of the material to be presented to the students in order to effectively lead their small group time.
- Parental Involvement – Parents are mandated by Scripture to be the spiritual disciples of their children but most feel inadequate in having these important spiritual conversations. Songology can be enhanced by including a pre-weekend Parent Gathering and/or an interactive parent/student discussion guide for all students who attend Songology.